Lead the delivery of the Food Choice program and technology platform at agreed client sites including management of the internal and external stakeholder relationships, health blitz, personalised Health Check & Nutrition Clinic management, menu planning /nutritional verification and nutritional education leader to ensure we are the preeminent provider for health and wellbeing services.
Maintain the operational business process including brand standards, service level agreements and key performance indicators, system and menu specifications, data management & practises to deliver outstanding performance throughout the client and food service provider businesses, while developing same to deliver step change service delivery and customer relationships.
As part of the health and wellbeing service line, contribute & add to the overall business agenda and thought leadership.
The Food Choice Workplace leader will be responsible for developing & maintaining standardisation within the business in line with our brand standards, formulating and implementing plans for service delivery, the development of its culture, business capability and excellence in customer service.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, take responsibility for the management of the Health and Wellbeing activities set out in the contract to provide and execute an agreed business plan, complying with all contractual obligations and legal provisions.
Customer and External Relations
- Develop and maintain strong, positive and effective working relationships with all internal & external customers (Client, Customer and Food Service Providers)
- Develop and maintain a positive brand presence for the Health and Wellbeing service line and Food Choice business where it operates, including representing and promoting the company
- Ensure the Health and Wellbeing service line is effective throughout the business and that standards are met and adhered to. Effectively manage all key relationships with customers, clients and food service providers
- Leadership of the delivery of the Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing services
- Develop strong relationships at all levels with individual customers, clients and representatives of the food service provider to work in collaboration to deliver excellent outcomes
- Work in conjunction with all functions in Food Choice to develop strategies to deliver improved health outcomes for our customers and clients
- Ensure customer engagement is maximised to ensure great customer service, improved health choices and improved productivity
- Establish and manage the delivery of systems and applications
- With the COO, develop the strategy and strategic plan for the Health and Wellbeing service provision at the client locations
- Identify, investigate and develop data to drive consistency within each location to the agreed contract terms
- To act as the face of Food Choice including meeting customers, presenting to prospective customers, carrying out clinics and Health Blitz’s and building effective partnerships with our clients and food service partners.
- Maintain a standard operational process as outlined in the brand standards, SLA/KPI documentation
- Competency using nutritional analysis packages and statistical analysis packages
- Conduct regular personalised Health Clinics and Nutrition Consultations with programme participants
- Ensure compliance with company & customer practices, processes and procedures relevant to role
- Implement FC’s policies on Quality, Health & Safety & Environment in conjunction with support teams and client’s requirements
- Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement throughout the business, adopting and leading Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Develop the operating catering infrastructure to deliver on all nutrition placement initiatives
- Establish, evaluate and improve, as applicable, the processes required to effectively manage the operations and meet operational targets
- Establish the Audit mechanism to monitor and measure operational performance, utilising the measurement of data as a basis for decisions/ discussions with stakeholders
- Oversee the preparation of an annual business plan outlining the milestones across the year
- Conduct regular meetings with our partners to feedback operational performance and where necessary develop improvement plans
What we are looking for
- A proven track record of success both in education achievements and working in an environment with blue chip customers.
- Communicate/ influence effectively at senior levels, both internal and external
- Managing complex stakeholders / relationships.
- Ability to build excellent relationships at all levels with which the position aligns.
- Effectively manage their own performance and identify ‘smart’ working practices to maximise effectiveness and manage time allocation and performance
- Earn the trust of stakeholders and customers
- Demonstrated ability to set, seek agreement to and deliver Food Choice agenda.
- Excellent presentational skills- both oral and written
- Technically literate with an interest in digital workplace wellbeing programmes
Qualifications/ Technical specification
- Educated to Degree or Equivalent. A graduate qualification in nutrition or dietetics i.e. BSc, MSc or PhD.
- Appropriate and active professional membership.
- Emotionally intelligent with an ability to modify behaviour dependant on audience
- Highly Customer oriented
- Natural credibility, warmth and gravitas
- Subject matter expert in the Health, Nutrition and Wellbeing environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Technology savvy with a passion for innovation
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Partner; consultative, can build trust
- Results and delivery focused
- Excellent team player
- Self-starter – ability to work remotely
- Passion for improving health outcomes and making a difference to people’s long-term health choices
- Part time
- Position includes 20 days holiday pro rata
- Location dependant on client sites * City/ Canary Wharf
- Full clean driving licence
About the company
Food Choice is a sector leading, scientifically proven, technology-led healthy eating management system for employees. Backed by leading research, technology and a vision dedicated to improving employee health, they have developed a unique healthy eating methodology to improve employees’ dietary patterns and health. This is all achieved whilst offering employers a significant return on investment through reduced levels of obesity and absenteeism and increased productivity. This spin-out company from University College Cork has been recently accredited as a High Potential Start-up with Enterprise Ireland and has received the award for the ‘Best Revenue Generating Company’ in Gateway, UCC in 2017. The ultimate ambition of Food Choice is to be a leading international technology-based company that is focused on promoting a healthy diet for employees.
To apply please send your c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Director of Technology and CEO
Location: Cork / Dublin / Bristol, UK / Possible Remote Worker
We provide businesses with a leading-edge healthy eating management system for their employees. Our system is supported by both web & mobile based software systems. We are seeking an experienced React Native developer to join our team in Cork and lead the development of our innovative mobile applications.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business where your expertise and innovative ideas are welcomed and actively encouraged. You will have an opportunity to make a real difference in a business focussed on making people’s lives healthier.
Our mobile app is written in React Native, with both Android and iOS versions. The ideal candidate has experience with both React Native and general Android and/or iOS development.
You will be working with a team of expert nutritionists and a business analyst who define the requirements for the application. It will be your responsibility to design elegant user interfaces and produce working prototypes that can be demonstrated to the team prior to developing the application.
Our existing Web development team are responsible for building the API that the mobile application consumes, it will be your responsibility to define the endpoints necessary for the app and to work closely with that team.
We use an agile development methodology with regular Scrum meetings and fortnightly sprints. You will be responsible for sprint planning your work using story points.
You’ll have the following skills:
- Strong working knowledge with RESTful APIs
- Experience in an agile based environment
- Ability to interpret requirements and quickly turn them into prototypes
- Ability to present prototypes and take onboard feedback
And ideally have:
- Experience of native Android and/or iOS development
- An interest in health and an interest in digital health
About Food Choice at Work
Food Choice at Work is a sector leading, scientifically proven, technology-led healthy eating management system for employees.
Backed by leading research, technology and a vision dedicated to improving employee health, we have developed a unique healthy eating methodology to improve employees’ dietary patterns and health.
We are a spin-out company from University College Cork and have recently been accredited as a High Potential Start-up with Enterprise Ireland and have received the award for the ‘Best Revenue Generating Company’ in Gateway, UCC in 2017.
Our ambition is to be the leading international technology-based company that is focused on promoting a healthy diet for employees.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a young, fast paced, expanding company with excellent career progression potential. Please submit your CV to email@example.com.
This role profile is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment.